India is the first country in Asia and only the fourth country after the US, Europe and Israel to indigenously develop such an engine in the private space.
INTECH DMLS – A Metal 3D printing major and Metal Additive Manufacturing Establishment in aviation announced the launch of India’s first indigenously developed Jet Engine series. India is the first country in Asia and only the fourth country after the US, Europe and Israel to indigenously develop such an engine in the private space.
Marking this figurative moment, the India’s first ever Jet Engine has been developed by a private establishment and augurs well for the industry in looking inwards for innovation in the high technology aviation sector.
Under the brand name Poeir Jets, promoted by M/s.Poeir Jets Private Limited an R&D subsidiary of INTECH DMLS has unveiled its first series of Jet Engines for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) & Remote Controlled (R/C) Aircraft.
The engine MJE 20 is indigenously designed & manufactured with a thrust of 20 Kgf. It is currently undergoing testing at its Bangalore facility. Another Jet engine SJE-350 with a thrust of 350kgf, designed for strategic applications is currently being manufactured.
The company also plans to expand into the Turbo Shaft/Fan category in the near future.
The team credited with developing this indigenous Jet engine consists of a young and vibrant team of engineers led by an Aerospace Industry veteran who has more than 20 years of experience in the design and development of aero engines.
Sridhar Balaram MD, INTECH DMLS, said, “Development of Gas Turbine based Jet and shaft power engines is a challenging task. We have brought together the expertise of various specialist engineers to develop something that is unique and modern. The team has been working feverishly in the recent months to ensure that the Engine Development is on the right track and ready for display in time with Aero India 2017. We hope to tap both the domestic and international markets with this product in the coming months.”
Engines by Intech for UAVs & R/C model Aircraft in various stages of development
- MJE 20 is an indigenously designed & manufactured Jet engine with a thrust of 20 Kgf which will be used for an UAV and R/C model aircrafts.
- (Engine currently under testing)
- MJE 40 Jet engine produces a thrust of 40 Kgf, which can also be used for UAV and R/C model aircrafts & has been indigenously designed, manufactured and is planned to be tested by March 2017.
- 100 kgf Jet engine produces a thrust of 40 Kgf, which can also be used for UAV and R/C model aircrafts & has been indigenously designed, under manufacture and is planned to be tested by March 2017.
- 130 kgf thrust jet engine for small manned and UAV applications is currently under design.
Engines for Strategic Applications
- A Jet engine SJE-350 with a thrust of 350 Kgf is designed which can be used for strategic application and is currently under manufacturing.
Manned & Unmanned Helicopter Engines
- Turbo Shaft Power engines with a power output of 180 to 250 kW for Small unmanned and manned Helicopters are under design.
INTECH DMLS currently works with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) & Defense Research Development Organization (DRDO’s) for many of their projects along with other leading global OEM’s in the Aerospace & Engineering sectors.
INTECH DMLS is also partnering with the Indian Institute of Science for new alloy development projects apart from ongoing projects with other leading academic institutions.