Intel Xeon Scalable processors are uniquely architected too support an expanding range of existing and emerging data center and network workloads
Intel India ground breaks evolving data center and network infrastructure with its new Intel Xeon Scalable processors. The new rollout is sought to rev-up compute-hungry tasks including real-time analytics, virtualized infrastructure and high performance computing.
“As India Inc. increases its investment in technology, the country’s data center and network infrastructure will undergo a massive transformation. Emerging use cases in the financial, ITeS, healthcare, and academic sectors will necessitate agile networks that can interpret and implement decisions based on artificial intelligence, HPC, and in the near future, 5G”, said Prakash Mallya, Managing Director – Sales & Marketing Group, Intel India. “Intel Xeon Scalable processors will address the increasingly complex and varied needs of the data center, enabling customers to deliver next-generation business and consumer experiences through unparalleled performance, security and agility.”
Intel’s new portfolio of data centre processors will provide businesses with the richest suite of platform feature innovations that deliver significant performance increases across key workloads.
- Artificial Intelligence: Delivers 2.2x higher deep learning training and inference compared to the previous generation, and 113x deep learning performance gains compared to a 3-year-old non-optimized server system when combined with software optimizations speeding delivery of AI-fueled services.
- Networking: Delivers up to 2.5x increased IPSec forwarding rate for key networking applications compared to previous generation when using Intel QuickAssist and DPDK increasing the value derived from network transformation.
- Virtualization: Operates up to an estimated 4.2x more virtual machines (VMs) versus a 4-year-old system for rapid service deployment, server utilization, lower energy costs and space efficiency spurring enterprise data center modernization.
- High Performance Computing: Provides up to a 2x FLOPs/clock improvement1 with Intel AVX-512 as well as integrated Intel Omni-Path Architecture ports, delivering improved compute capability, I/O flexibility and memory bandwidth to accelerate discovery and innovation.
- Storage: Processes up to 5x more IOPS while reducing latency by up to 70 percent versus out-of-the-box NVMe SSDs when combined with Intel Optane SSDs and Storage Performance Development Kit (SPDK), making data more accessible for advanced analytics.
Intel also introduced Intel Select Solutions, a solutions brand aimed at simplifying and speeding the deployment of data center and network infrastructure.
This is an expansion of the company’s deep investment in Intel Builders ecosystem collaborations and will deliver a choice of Intel verified configurations to the market enabling customers to speed return on investment in Intel Xeon Scalable processor based infrastructure for user prioritized workloads.