Intuit Inc., a source for business as well as financial management solutions aimed at small and mid-sized businesses, has rewarded 10 Indian small businesses with INR 2.5 lakhs each.
These businesses from their corresponding ends were the winners of the first of its kind pan India small business social campaign entitled Small Business Local Buzz. This initiative from its part further braces Intuit’s commitment of upping the ante of small business ecosystem in India by way of empowering them to make use of the money in order to grow their business.
The campaign witnessed chipping in from more than 500 small businesses spread across different sectors in India such as Information Technology, followed by Education, F&B, Travel & Tourism, Handicrafts, Sports and Fitness. Despite the fact that a large number of entries were received from the four metro cities, small businesses from places reading in the order of Patna, Coonoor, Hyderabad, Dehradhun as well as Ahmedabad also took part actively.
The winners were selected based on voter preferences and the verdict of a select jury involving Nikhil Arora, Vice President and Managing Director of Intuit and Vijay Anand, Vice President, India Development Center, India.
The 10 winners of the Small Business Local Buzz programme in India are, viz:
- Buzzing Books – A Noida based online book store
- Ruby J Consulting – An image consulting firm
- Routofy – A travel portal that specialises in itinerary creations
- Gambolla – A children’s club that encourages learning through play
- Bell Peppers – A restaurant the delivers great food at your doorstep
- Sunkalp Energy – An online platform that helps schools raise funds to install solar panels on their rooftops
- Ecoscapes – A landscaping business focused on creating a healthy balanced future
- ISEED – International School of Entrepreneurship, Education & Development, is a unique initiative totally focussed towards entrepreneurship education and development.
- Patisserie Nitash – An online bakery store
- Indian Yards – Reviving the dying art of patch work quilting and empowering women in rural areas
Nikhil Arora, Vice President and Managing Director of Intuit India alleged, “Intuit has solely focused on small businesses in India and this contest helped address the marketing challenge that small businesses face. We instituted this program to help Indian small businesses boost their business and succeed in a dynamic environment. I congratulate the winners for their innovative marketing ideas and wish them success for the future.”
The Small Business Local Buzz programme is a slice of Intuit’s larger, continuing commitment to be able to support the financial success of small businesses worldwide. This was Intuit’s largest social campaign and was run in 4 countries at the same time, together with US, Canada, UK besides India.