Juniper Networks has been chosen by British Telecommunications (BT) to deliver its Network Cloud infrastructure initiative. This deployment will pave the way for BT’s Network Cloud roll-out – and also enable a more flexible, virtualized network infrastructure that can deliver the technology requirements of various lines of business for BT from a single platform.
“By leveraging the ‘beach-front property’ it has in central offices around the globe, BT can optimize the business value that 5G’s bandwidth and connectivity brings. The move to an integrated telco cloud platform brings always-on reliability, along with enhanced automation capabilities, to help improve business continuity and increase time-to-market while doing so in a cost-effective manner.” said Bikash Koley, Chief Technology Officer, Juniper Networks
This project will enable BT to implement a range of new applications and workloads and evolve the majority of its current ones including:
- Converged fixed and mobile services rollout to consumers and businesses.
- Faster time-to-market for network services ranging from internet access delivery to TV and business network functions
- Improved voice and video delivery and scalability.
To accomplish the evolution toward a more agile, virtualized network, BT is investing in a range of Juniper solutions across various tenants within the BT network, including:
- Dynamic end-to-end networking policy and control for telco cloud workloads using Contrail Networking
- Cloud operations management using AppFormix
- Highly scalable and flexible spine and leaf underlay fabric using the QFX Series
“We chose Juniper to be our trusted partner to underpin this Network Cloud infrastructure based on the ability to deliver a proven solution immediately, so we can hit the ground running. Being able to integrate seamlessly with other partners and solutions and aligning with our roadmap to an automated and programmable network is also important,” added Neil McRae, Chief Architect, BT