Kaspersky Lab has declared that- the company’s products received the premier AAA rating in all three of Dennis Technology Labs’ test categories – Ranging from Home Anti-Virus Protection, followed by Small Business Anti-Virus Protection as well as Enterprise Anti-Virus Protection – in the first quarter of fiscal 2014.
Testing by way of Dennis Technology Labs takes place in a specially created lab, evaluating the competencies entailing a number of antivirus solutions in conditions that are as realistic as possible. Testing encompasses an analysis as to how the products react to the newest live threats. In the Testing which followed, two aspects were assessed in all three categories: Protection Rating, which showed how well the products at the offing handled malware, in addition to Legitimate Software Rating, which showed how efficaciously they handled non-malicious programs. The ideal anti-malware suite was estimated to be able to block all threats besides allowing all legitimate programs. Products scored points for effectively blocking threats, but then again lost points for a few false positives. The general scores were then converted into one of the following ratings which read as: AAA, followed by AA, A or else B.
Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 stood as the topmost performer in the Home Anti-Virus Protection category, appropriately ascertaining all the legitimate programs, whereas blocking 98% of the malware in addition to neutralizing the remaining 2%. The Kaspersky Lab solution bagged the maximum number of points among all the participants besides being presented an AAA rating.
In the Small Business Anti-Virus Protection category likewise Kaspersky Small Office Security correspondingly failed to generate a single false positive, blocking 94% of threats as well as neutralizing an additional 5% – Which from many ways than one manifests as a performance that resulted in another AAA rating.
Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business also carved a first-rate performance comprising the Enterprise Anti-Virus Protection category, blocking 94% of threats besides neutralizing another 3% to be able to earn thus far one more AAA rating for Kaspersky Lab.
“A wealth of experience in the field of cyber security and industry-proven technology allow Kaspersky Lab to create state-of-the-art products for IT infrastructures of all sizes. It means we can offer our customers a wide range of reliable solutions equally capable of securing a home computer or a major corporation,” observed Anti-Malware Research Director at Kaspersky Lab, Oleg Ishanov.
Kaspersky Lab products likewise received top AAA ratings in all three categories of Dennis Technology Labs’ previous round of Anti-Malware Tests coxswained from October to December 2013.
Supplementary details with reference to fresh test results as well as testing methodology can be found on the Dennis Technology Labs website.