Kingston, the source for memory products, red carpeted the new M.2 2280 SATA SSD. The fresh 22mm x 80mm dimension makes available a thin, compact and caseless form factor ideal for new notebook platforms as for instance Ultrabooks, followed by smaller design embedded systems, ultra-thin computing devices and motherboards that goes on to support the Intel Z97 chipset released of late.
M.2 2280 SATA SSD features advanced garbage collection, wear leveling and TRIM support to maintain performance consistent over the lifespan of the drive. SATA DevSleep allows efficacious power management as well as minimal power consumption simultaneously allowing devices to stay on and connected without necessarily decreasing battery life.
M.2 2280 SSD also features firmware-based power-loss protection to be able to maintain data integrity in the event of unexpected power loss or unsafe shutdown.
“We are proud to release the new M.2 form factor to the channel for both consumer and corporate customers upgrading their systems, as well as the system builder community when designing new embedded applications,” alleged Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. Informing that – “This is an exciting follow-up to our previously released OEM-only M.2 2260 SATA SSD used in certain models of the ASUS Zenbook.”
M.2 2280 SATA SSD ships, to begin with, in the 120GB capacity with 240GB and 480GB to follow up in Q3. It is backed by free technical support, a three-year warranty, and consistency.
M.2 2280 SATA SSD Features, Specifications:
- Popular M.2 Size: 22mm width, 80mm length
- NAND Flash memory-based: shock-resistant braced with lower power consumption
- Supports Intel’s SRT: combines capacity advantage of HDD with performance augmentations of SSD in dual-storage configuration
- Supports S.M.A.R.T.: monitors the status of your drive
- Supports TRIM: maintains maximum performance of compatible operating systems
- Guaranteed: 3-year warranty and free technical support
- Form factor: M.2 2280
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6 GB/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0
- Capacities1: 120GB
- Baseline Performance2:
- Compressible Data Transfer (ATTO): 550MB/s Read and 520MB/s Write
- Incompressible Data Transfer (AS-SSD and CrystalDiskMark):500MB/s Read and 330MB/s Write
- IOMETER: Maximum Random 4k Read/Write up to 66,000/ up to 65,000 IOPS
- Random 4k Read/Write up to 46,000/ up to 4,500 IOPS
- PCMARK Vantage HDD Suite Score: 56,000
- PCMARK 8 Storage Bandwidth: 215 MB/s
- Power consumption: 0.09 W Idle / 1.11 W Avg / 1.02W (MAX) Read / 2.86 W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Dimensions: 80mm x 22mm x 3.5mm
- Weighs: 7.36g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Warranty/support: 3-year warranty with free technical support
- Total Bytes Written (TBW)3: 230TB x 1.8 DWPD4
For added information visit www.kingston.com.