Kingston has introduced its 960GB Business-Class SSD ‘KC310’, ideal for entry-level servers and datacenter hosting companies looking for more storage. KC310 solid-state drive is a true HDD replacement as its large capacity lets users to store more data and applications.
Powered by a Phison PS3110-S10 quad-core, 8channel controller, it provides unsurpassed SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) performance that delivers high read/write speeds and IOPS.
The drive also provides end-to-end data protection through Advanced SmartECC and Flash error code correction.
“Kingston is proud to add this drive to its line of business SSDs, for users who want or need nearly 1TB in storage,” said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. “Corporate customers looking to upgrade client systems will also find KC310 ideal for entry-level servers with its combination of read/write speeds, IOPS, high capacity and advanced data protection.”
KC310 Features and Specifications:
- High Capacity: more room to store applications and data
- High Performance: allows user to fully exploit the potential of their systems while enhancing productivity
- End-to-end data protection: provides intelligent data error correction for advanced data reliability
- Firmware-based power loss protection: enables drive to recover from unsafe power shutdown
- Supports S.M.A.R.T.: monitors the status of your drive
- Supports TRIM: maintains max. performance on compatible OS
- Form factor: 2.5″
- Interface SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s): with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacities1: 960GB
- Controller: Phison 3110
- Sequential Read/Write2: SATA Rev. 3.0 – up to: 550/520MB/s
- Maximum 4k Read/Write2: Up to 99,000/89,000 IOPS
- Random 4k Read/Write2: Up to 96,000/88,000 IOPS
- PCMARK Vantage HDD Suite Score: 80,700
- Enterprise S.M.A.R.T. Tools: reliability tracking, usage statistics, life remaining, wear leveling, temperature
- Total Bytes Written (TBW)3: 681TB 0.66 DWPD4
- Power Consumption: 0.54 W Idle / 0.67 W Avg / 1.66 W (MAX) Read / 3.26 W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperature: -40°C~85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C~70°C
- Dimensions: 69.9mm x 100.1mm x 7.0mm
- Weight: 84g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- MTBF: 1 million hours
The KC300 SSDs also support TCG Opal 2.0, IEEE 1667, Microsoft eDrive, and feature an advanced power management and enterprise-grade S.M.A.R.T. attributes.
Apart from KC310, Kingston is also offering the KC300 series for corporate customers who require client management software (CMS) to centrally manage and set security policies for its SSDs.
The KC310 960GB SSD will be available in capacity from 60GB to 480GB in India at an approx. price of Rs 46,000. It will be backed by a three-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.