Lenovo has announced an update to its flagship portfolio of X6 Rack servers along with an array of prequalified ISV enterprise solutions including offerings optimized for SAP HANA. The updated Lenovo X6 Rack server systems include two Flex System X6 Scalable Compute Nodes and a pair of System Xrack servers, both managed by Lenovo XClarity. These new enterprise solutions increase performance and speed deployment of challenging workloads like cloud, database, ERP, virtualization, and business analytics.
“The rapid pace of change in today’s enterprise data center environment is stressing infrastructure technologies and IT budgets,” said Darrel Ward, vice president, Enterprise Marketing and Storage Business Unit. “Lenovo’s new X6 servers provide the performance, agility, and resiliency needed for mission-critical applications, while simultaneously providing your business with the advantage to win in an extremely competitive environment.”
- Lenovo X6 Rack Servers – Modular ‘Book’ Architecture
Lenovo’s high-performance X6 rack servers, the four-socket Lenovo System x3850 X6 and the eight-socket Lenovo System x3950 X6, feature a modular architecture. This flexible architecture allows easy swap-out of Compute Books to accommodate next-gen processors, reducing acquisition costs and eliminating the need to purchase a new server.
In addition, the design allows IT shops to easily upgrade other key components including storage, full-height and half-height I/O cards, as well as fans and power supplies, without the cost and disruption of replacing complete systems. It also allows for multiple generations of processor technologies to be used in the same chassis, the press release states.
- Equipped with Intel Xeon processor E7-4800 v3
- These servers deliver new levels of performance and upgradability
- Over 50% greater performance than previous-generation systems
- Support for DDR4 memory
- Up to 192 DIMM slots
- Advanced reliability, availability, and serviceability features like Memory Page Retrieve, Consumed Error Recovery, and Upward Integration Modules, reduce support costs and increase system uptime.
- Lenovo Flex System X6 – Scalable Compute Nodes (TWO)
- Flex System x480 X6, which is scalable to a four-socket system
- Flex System x880 X6, the first scalable eight-socket
- Intel Xeon processor E7-8800/4800 v3
- Equipped with up to 144 cores
- Enhanced compute nodes deliver faster application performance for workloads that require the highest levels of performance, memory capacity and high resiliency
“We developed the Intel Xeon processor E7 v3 family to deliver the performance, advanced reliability and scalability to meet the demands of enterprise computing and the growth in real-time analytics” said Lisa Spelman, marketing general manager, Intel Data Center Group. “Lenovo’s delivery of flexible X6 servers, based on the Intel Xeon processor E7 v3 family, delivers the performance and in-memory capability that make it possible to turn enterprise data explosion into business insight.”
- SAP HANA Workload Optimized Solutions for the SAP HANA Appliance ( Based on Lenovo’s System x3850 X6 and System x3950 X6 server platforms )
- Delivers SAP-certified configurations that provide unprecedented performance and scalability.
- When combined with Lenovo Enterprise Solution Services, these solutions can be operational in days
- Helping customers speed deployment of new SAP HANA applications
- Simplify on-going management of their SAP HANA infrastructure
- Lenovo also offers SAP solutions in partnership with EMC including:
- SAP HANA Tailored Data Center Integration with EMC
- EMC VSPEX for classis SAP landscapes
Further, there are some additional Prequalified Enterprise ISV Solutions which simplifies and reduce deployment costs, allowing organizations with strained IT resources to focus on the needs of their growing business.
Lenovo has partnered with industry leaders namely Microsoft, VMware, and Citrix to offer complete, pretested infrastructure solutions that utilize Lenovo server, storage, and networking hardware.
These Prequalified solutions include:
- Lenovo Solution for Microsoft Scale Out File Server
- Lenovo Solution for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
- Lenovo Solution for Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Lenovo Solution for VMware vCloud Suite 6.0
- Lenovo Solution for VMware Horizon 6.0
- Lenovo Solution for Citrix XenDesktop 7.6
- Lenovo Solution for Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Lenovo Solution for Engineering Analysis
- Lenovo Solution for ANSYS
- Lenovo Solution for Financial Services