Littelfuse has expanded an additional 23 new ratings in the PolySwitch Low Rho SMD series of PPTC devices.
The new ratings are available with a lower resistance of 1mOhm, hold currents from 0.75 A to 9.0 A, a maximum voltage from 6.0 V to 24 V all in surface mountable sizes from 0402 to 2920. These additions make the Low Rho SMD series the broadest PPTC portfolio currently available on the market.
“Our expanded Low Rho SMD Resettable PPTCs portfolio includes a much broader array of both ratings and sizes,” said Stephen Li, Global Product Manager at Littelfuse. “This provides electronics engineers with greater design flexibility, especially when developing the next generation of battery protection and charging ports for consumer electronics applications.”
The PolySwitch Low Rho SMD Resettable PPTCs provide robust overcurrent protection for electronics applications where ultra-low internal resistance, ultra-low voltage drop and automatic resettable protection are desired.
Typical markets and applications for the Low Rho Resettable PPTCs include:
- Consumer electronics
- Mobile and wearables
- Servers and computing equipment
- Portable medical devices
- USB Type-A and Type B ports
- Lithium batteries
PolySwitch Low Rho SMD Resettable PPTCs offer these key benefits:
- Less power dissipation resulting from ultra-low internal resistance.
- Fits compact designs where PCB space is very limited via surface mount sizes from 0402 to 2920 and very thin profile.
- Aids compliance with industry standards via UL and TUV certifications.
- Environmentally friendly components are RoHS compliant, lead-free and halogen-free.