Littelfuse has introduced new EV1K Series Fuses, the first Automotive Grade fuse with a rating of 1000 Vdc.
They are designed and tested to meet the overcurrent circuit protection needs of the eMoblilty market, specifically Electric Vehicle (EV) applications.
“There is a clear need for more robust safety solutions as the eMobility market transitions from 500 Vdc to 800 Vdc pack voltages,” said Juergen Scheele, Vice President, Business Development xEV/AEB at Littelfuse. “The EV1K series fuses are designed to withstand severe automotive environments, providing 1,000 Vdc rated Automotive Grade solutions with amperages from 60 A to 125 A. Fuses up to 600 A are also under development.”
The EV1K provides overcurrent protection in EV high-voltage power supply applications, including:
- On-board chargers (OBCs)
- Battery distribution units (BDUs)
- Battery packs
- DC/DC converter
- Traction motor inverter
- Auxiliary loads
The EV1K series fuse offers these key benefits:
- Rated for 1000 Vdc with interrupting rating of 30,000 A and 60−125 A nominal amperage ratings.
- Compact body size of 25 x 73 mm with end caps incorporating integrated bolt-down terminals is durable against mechanical vibration and shock, which increases product life and longevity.
- Operating temperature range from -55˚ C to 125˚ C and humidity resistance provides reliable protection in a wide variety of environments.
- Environmentally-friendly component is RoHS compliant, halogen-free, and 100% Pb free.