Littelfuse during PCIM 2018 Europe unveils an expanded portfolio of silicon carbide (SiC) power semiconductor devices. Littelfuse announced to add five GEN2 Series 1200 V, 3L TO-247 Schottky Diodes and three c.
Key Nuggets Include
- When compared with silicon devices, GEN2 SiC Schottky Diodes dramatically reduce switching losses and allow for substantial increases in the efficiency and robustness of power electronics systems.
- As the GEN2 SiC Schottky Diodes dissipate less energy and can operate at higher junction temperatures than many alternative solutions, they require smaller heat sinks and enable a smaller system footprint. End-users will benefit from more compact, energy-efficient systems and a potential lower total cost of ownership.
- The 3L TO-247 GEN2 SiC Schottky Diodes are available with current ratings of 10 A, 15 A, 20 A, 30 A and 40 A. The 2L TO-263 GEN2 SiC Schottky Diodes are available with current ratings of 10 A, 15 A and 20 A.
- All have negligible reverse recovery current, accommodate high surge currents without thermal runaway, and operate at junction temperatures as high as 175 °C.
- They are ideal for applications that require improved efficiency and reliability and simpler thermal management than standard silicon bipolar power diodes can provide.
“These GEN2 SiC Schottky Diodes in 3L TO-247 and 2L TO-263 packages complement the 1200 V SiC MOSFETs and other GEN2 1200 V SiC Schottky Diodes already available from Littelfuse,” said Michael Ketterer, Global Product Marketing Manager, Power Semiconductors, Semiconductor Business Unit at Littelfuse. “We continue to strengthen our broad product portfolio, which, after the acquisition of IXYS, positions Littelfuse as a Tier 1 supplier for power semiconductor devices.”
Typical applications for GEN2 1200V Schottky Diode Series include:
- Power Factor Correction (PFC)
- Buck/boost stages in DC-DC converters
- Free-wheeling diodes in inverter stages (switch-mode power supplies, solar, UPS, industrial drives)
- High-frequency output rectification
- Electric vehicle (EV) charging stations
GEN2 Series SiC Schottky Diodes are available in TO-247-3L and TO-263-2L packaging in tubes in quantities of 450. Sample requests may be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide.
Further info on the new rollout: Click here.