Lumileds has made the latest addition to their LUXEON IR Family. The LUXEON IR Domed Asymmetric matches the Field-of-View (FoV) aspect ratio of typical cameras used in surveillance, machine vision, and time-of-flight systems. The 95 x 58° design dramatically improves image uniformity.
“The asymmetric dome targets long-range applications such as professional surveillance and machine vision systems as well as Time-of-Flight applications that rely on image uniformity across an entire field. By matching the sensor’s aspect ratio, we get the highest utilization of the light by uniformly matching the FoV of the camera. This increases system efficiency and offers a path to lower system cost and better performance,” explained Lumileds.
The Key Features of the LUXEON IR Domed Line Include:
- Radiant Power: 1350mW (850nm) and 1450mW (940nm) for a greater system performance
- Four emission patterns: 60°, 90°, and 150°as well as an asymmetric radiation pattern of 95 x 58° to address diverse application needs, high punch, long range, and high uniformity
- 7mm x 3.7mm package with a 3 pad configuration that is compatible with the industry standard footprint to enable a direct upgrade in existing designs
- Ultra-low Rth of 2.5°C/W, the industry’s best thermal conductivity, solves thermal challenges and supports space-saving designs
The Key Application includes:
- Machine Vision
- 3D Scanning/Time of Flight
- Biometric Identification
- User Interface Control
- Augmented/Virtual Reality
For further information: Click Here