New MAX22500E/1E/2ERS-485 transceiver series from Maxim Integrated Products built for high performance, robust communications, and small size
Maxim Integrated Products rolls out new MAX22500E, MAX22501E, and MAX22502E RS-485 transceivers which enables industrial designers to achieve 2x faster data rates and extend cable length by up to 50%.
With motion control systems requiring more accuracy over longer distances, system designers are challenged to maintain faster data rates and achieve robust communications with longer cables. A production site, for example, maynot efficiently function with a slow data rate and short cables as it must transfer accurate information quickly and over a long distance.
The MAX22500E/MAX22501E (half-duplex) and MAX22502E (full-duplex) ESD-protected RS-485/RS-422transceivers extend the reach of communication up to 100Mbps over 50m. This touts to providethe industry’s fastest data ratesfor accurate, cost-effective, and robust communication across long cables for a variety of motion control applications.
The settable pre-emphasis feature with in the MAX22500E and MAX22502E enables 2x faster data rates compared to competitive solutions for increased encoder resolution and reduced latency. Pre-emphasis extends cables up to 50% longer to communicate over longer distances.
A large receiver hysteresis (250mV) provides superior robustness to EFT.In addition, by improving the signal integrity and robustness, system designers can achieve the same level of performance with lower-cost cables. The transceivers operate over the -40-degree Celsius to +125-degree Celsius temperature range.
- Robust communications: Extends the reach to 100Mbps over 50m (or 50Mbps over 100m); Settable pre-emphasis improves data integrity with high data rates; 250mV receiver hysteresis for EFT robustness
- High Performance: Fastest 100Mbpsdata rate for higher resolution/accuracy communication;Flexible low voltage logic supply interface down to 1.6V;Improved signal integrity enables less expensive cable costs
- Small Size: Reduced footprint with small 8-, 10-, and 12-pin TDFN packages
“These RS-485 transceivers demonstrate Maxim’s commitment to the industrial and motor control market, and are pushing the envelope to meet customer challenges,” said Susie Inouye, Research Director at Databeans.
“Our solutions offer customers with the flexibilityand performance they need to upgrade their systems,” said Timothy Leung, Executive Business Manager, Industrial& Healthcare Business Unit at Maxim Integrated. “For example, they can swap out the IC on their hardware while keepingthe same infrastructure. Similarly, end customers can adjust data rates and cable lengths.”
Availability and Pricing
- The MAX22500Eis available in a 10-pin TDFN (3mm x 3mm) package for $3.51(1000-up, FOB USA) at Maxim’s website and select authorized distributors
- The MAX22501Eis available in an8-pin TDFN (3mm x 3mm) package for $1.79 (1000-up, FOB USA) at Maxim’s website and select authorized distributors
- The MAX22502E is available in a 12-pin TDFN (3mm x 3mm) package for $3.94 (1000-up, FOB USA) at Maxim’s website and select authorized distributors
- The MAX22500EEVKIT#, MAX22501EEVKIT#, and MAX22502EEVKIT#evaluation kits are each available for $95
Web: Click here