Maxim’s new Compact Two-Channel, Bi-Directional Digital Isolators Meet Flexible Design Demands
Maxim Integrated Products has launched MAX14933 and MAX14937 two-channel, bi-directional digital isolators leveraging designers to save space and achieve flexible designs. The new products are said to transfer digital signals between circuits in both directions and provide complete galvanic isolation between two power domains, all while using fewer components to save board space.
These devices provide best in class speed, propagation delay, skew, and jitter for timing sensitive applications while maintaining an extremely robust isolation barrier between two power domains.
- Space savings: Lowers component count and system complexity.
- Flexible interface: Interfaces with most microcontrollers and FPGAs running at various supply voltages.
- Robust galvanic isolation: More than 30 years lifetime at rated working voltage.
Additionally, the MAX14933 and MAX14937 provide high voltage isolation of 2.75kVrms or 5kVrms, respectively. They support data rates from DC up to 1.7MHz and can be used in isolated I2C busses with or without clock stretching. Both products feature independent 2.25V to 5.5V supplies on each side of the isolator, and provide open-drain channels for applications that require data to be transmitted in both directions on the same line. Applications include power supplies, battery management systems, instrumentation, and interfaces for I2C, SMBus, or PMBus.
“These I2C, two-channel, bi-directional digital isolators provide a solution for designers who want to lower component count and system complexity,” said Tony Partow, Executive Business Manager at Maxim Integrated.
Availability and Pricing
- The MAX14933 is available in both a 16-pin wide-body (10.3mm x 7.5mm) and narrow-body (9.9mm x 3.9mm) SOIC package. The MAX14937 is available in a 16-pin wide-body (10.3mm x 7.5mm) SOIC package.
- Pricing starts at $1.80 for the MAX14933ASE and $2 for the MAX14933AWE (1000-up, FOB USA). Pricing starts at $3.29 for the MAX14937AWE (1000-up, FOB USA).
- Both products are specified over the -40-degree Celsius to +125-degree Celsius temperature range.
- An evaluation kit is available for both products: MAX14933WEVKIT# and MAX14937WEVKIT#.
Lastly, MAX14933 and MAX14937 join the Maxim’s league of ultra-robust portfolio of quad-channel digital isolators, which include MAX14930-MAX14932 and MAX14934- MAX14936.
Further info on both the rollouts: MAX14933 and MAX14937