Microchip Technology adds four new 20-output differential clock buffers that exceed PCIe Gen 5 jitter standards for next-generation data center applications.
The four new products consists:
ZL40292 (85Ω termination) and ZL40293 (100Ω termination)- specifically designed to meet the new DB2000Q specification
ZL40294 (85Ω termination) and ZL40295 (100Ω termination) designed to meet the DB2000QL industry standard.
All are ideally suited for next-generation servers, data centers, storage devices and other PCIe applications. These new devices also meet PCIe Gen 1, 2, 3 and 4 specifications.
Each buffer is an ideal complement to chipsets where distributed clocks are required across several peripheral components, such as Central Processing Units (CPUs), Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) and Physical layers (PHYs) in data center servers and storage devices, along with many other PCIe applications.
The Key Features and Benefits of the of the Buffer includes:
- Low additive jitter of approximately 20 femtoseconds (~20 fs) far exceeds the DB2000Q/QL specification of 80 femtoseconds (80 fs).
- Provides designers large margins to meet tight timing budgets while achieving increasing data rates.
- Minimize jitter when distributing clocks to up to 20 outputs, thereby maintaining the integrity and quality of the clock signal through the buffer.
- Achieve low power dissipation and contribute significant savings to power budgets by using Low-Power High-Speed Current Steering Logic (LP-HCSL).
- Gives customers the ability to drive longer traces on their board, improving signal routing while reducing components and board space. The ZL40292, for example, can eliminate up to 80 termination resistors (four per output) compared to traditional HCSL buffers.
Rami Kanama, vice president of Microchip’s timing and communications business unit, remarks, “Customers who are seeking DB2000Q- and DB2000QL-compliant clock buffers can begin their designs now because of Microchip’s early introduction and the superior performance of PCIe Gen 5 devices, offering engineers greater design margins and peace of mind.”
Pricing and Availability
The ZL40292 and ZL40293 are available now for sampling and in volume production in 72-pin 10 x 10 mm QFN packages.
The ZL40294 and ZL40295 are available now for sampling in the 80-pin 6 x 6 QFN packages.