Microchip Technology announces the new SCH322X family of feature-rich and flexible I/O controllers customised to the needs of industrial and embedded computing designers. Available in both commercial and industrial operating temperature versions; the new product family features smaller packages and long product lifecycles, and allows for more cost-effective industrial and embedded applications.
- The SCH322X Super I/O family offers users a combination of products for industrial and embedded applications.
- Each product in the family contains a different feature set, combining serial ports, parallel ports, and PS/2 with flexible General Purpose Input/Output (GPIO) capability and world-class temperature and voltage monitoring, which enables the design of more cost-effective industrial applications.
- This SCH322X product family is offered in area-efficient BGA packages to enable the most compact board designs.
- Designed to operate with x86 architectures, the SCH322X family includes six devices tailored for different applications.
- A varying number of serial ports, combined with hardware monitoring, and with or without keyboard controller functionality are some examples of the choices available with this family of devices.
- The SCH322X Super I/O family consists of six different products including the SCH3221, SCH3222, SCH3223, SCH3224, SCH3226 and SCH3227.
“We are excited to offer new products such as the SCH322X Super I/O family,” said Ian Harris, vice president of Microchip’s Computer Products Group. “Our expertise in the development of products for the leading PC OEMs, combined with Microchip’s generous product life cycle availability policies, enables us to provide best-in-class solutions for embedded and industrial computing applications.”
The six-member SCH322X Super I/O family is exclusively available for sampling and volume production in 64-WFBGA (6 x 6 mm), 84-WFBGA (7 x 7 mm), 100-WFBGA (8 x 8 mm), and 144-WFBGA (9 x 9 mm) packages in 10,000-unit quantities.