Microchip’s PIC18 K83 MCUs Now Available at Mouser
Mouser is offering new 8-bit microcontrollers which combine a Controller Area Network (CAN) bus with an extensive array of Core Independent Peripherals (CIPs) to improve response time to critical system events.
Mouser Electronics is stocking PIC18 K83 microcontrollers from Microchip Technology. The new 8-bit microcontrollers which are now exclusive at Mouser Electronics combines a Controller Area Network (CAN) bus with an extensive array of Core Independent Peripherals (CIPs) to improve response time to critical system events.
Exclusive at Mouser Electronics, the PIC18 K83 microcontrollers from Microchip Technology features:
- The CIPs handle tasks without code or supervision from the CPU, increasing system capabilities and allowing engineers to more easily implement CAN-based applications.
- The PIC18 K83 microcontrollers contain 15 time-saving CIPs in 28 pins with up to 64 Kbytes of flash memory.
- The CIPs include digital peripherals such as three Complementary Waveform Generators (CWGs) that enable high-efficiency synchronous switching for motor control, and two Direct Memory Access (DMA) controllers that enable data transfers between memory and peripherals without CPU involvement.
- The microcontrollers offer intelligent analog peripherals such as a 12-bit analog-to-digital converter with Computation (ADC2) for automating analog signal analysis for real-time system response, and a Capacitive Voltage Divider (CVD) for advanced touch sensing, averaging, filtering, oversampling, and threshold comparison.
- The on-chip CIPs can be easily configured through the MPLAB Code Configurator (MCC), a free software plug-in that provides a graphical interface to configure peripherals and functions specific to the application.
- Through the MCC tool, engineers can configure the PIC18 K83 microcontroller with a few clicks. System designers can benefit greatly by saving time, as it is significantly easier to configure a hardware-based peripheral, as opposed to writing and validating an entire software routine, to accomplish a task.
Key Applications Include:
The PIC18 K83 microcontroller family is ideal for applications using CAN in the medical, industrial, and automotive markets, such as motorized surgical tables, asset tracking, ultrasound machines, automated conveyors and automotive accessories
For further info: microchip pic18k83 mcu, nxp s32v234 processor