Mitsubishi Electric Corporation will release the industry’s first 102 factory automation products, including programmable controllers, servo amplifiers, robots, GOTs (HMIs), inverters and CNCs that are compatible with the CC-Link IE TSN next-generation industrial open network, starting from May 7.
Integration of machine control and information communication required for next-generation smart factories will be realized on one network, further enhancing Mitsubishi Electric’s [email protected] integrated factory automation solution. In addition, high-speed, high-precision communication will improve machine performance and thereby contribute to productivity and quality improvement.
The Key Product Features include:
1) Factory automation products support TSN technology for highly flexible Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) system architecture
- Factory automation products offering industry-first compatibility with CC-Link IE TSN
- Separately configured machine control and information communication can be integrated into one Ethernet cable, helping to reduce system configuration design and installation costs.
- Easy parameter registration allows mixing of multiple communication cycles, such as 1 Gbps and 100 Mbps, enabling easy configuration of optimum systems.
2) High-speed, high-precision communication improves productivity and quality
- With a link scan5 of 31.25 μs, high-speed processing is 16 times6 faster compared to existing motion networks, drastically reducing facility and machine production cycle time for improved productivity
- High-precision synchronous control7 without communication delay, even in large-scale systems, realizes highly data analysis in cloud and edge computing systems, thereby improving quality
3) Engineering tool improves system management
- Connected device profile coordination function with CSP+8 of MELSOFT GX Works3 engineering tool manages all connected devices, including third-party partner products
- Graphically displays entire network status to allow network and fault device diagnosis with intuitive operation, helping to reduce downtime due to errors.
Further information: Click here