Mouser Electronics announces to stock the ATECC508A CryptoAuthentication device from Atmel, now a part of Microchip Technology.
Now exclusive at Mouser, the Atmel ATECC508A CryptoAuthentication device offers:
- Functions as either a device pre-loaded with cryptographic keys, keeping the keys securely stored within embedded and IoT devices or as a cryptographic co-processor which executes strong cryptographic algorithms without burdening the resources of the host microprocessor or microcontroller.
- The device includes several security features, including optimized key storage and authentication functionality, Elliptic Curve Diffie–Hellman (ECDH) security protocol, and Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA) sign-verify authentication.
- The device also includes a 256-bit SHA/HMAC hardware engine, a 10.5-kbit EEPROM for secret and private keys, and a guaranteed 72-bit unique ID.
- The new device is available in 8-pad UDFN, 8-lead SOIC, and 3-lead contact packages and delivers extremely low power consumption over a wide 2.0V to 5.5V supply voltage.
- The device integrates into a hardware design alongside the host microprocessor and interfaces directly to the host over the I2C bus.
- The ATECCC508A is compatible with any microprocessor or microcontroller including the Atmel SMART and Atmel AVR devices.
Key Applications Include
Developed to deliver ultra-secure cryptographic elements that enable more secure connected systems, the ATECC508A is ideal for a variety of Internet of Things (IoT) applications in the areas of home automation, industrial networking, IoT node security and ID, message security and authentication, medical devices, ecosystem control, and anti-cloning.
Additionally, the ATECC508A is supported by two development tools also available from Mouser: the CryptoAuth Xplained Pro add-on board and the CryptoAuthentication USB Dongle Demo-Evaluation Kit.