Fostering its depth-sensing portfolio, Mouser Electronics brings-in the new Intel RealSense D400 product family to its massive inventory.
The new Intel RealSense D400 product family is built specifically to help embedded systems sense, understand, interact and learn from real-world environments. The Intel RealSense D400 product family now from Mouser Electronics offers designers a comprehensive platform of ready-to-use cameras, depth modules and vision processors. Hence it delivers embedded depth-sensing technology, real-time processing, and high-speed 3D imaging that is versatile and robust for a variety of indoor and outdoor applications.
Exclusive at Mouser Electronics, the Intel RealSense D400 Product Family Includes:
- Two depth-sensing cameras: the D415 and D435. Both incorporate the latest Intel RealSense Vision Processor D4 to handle the complex depth algorithm, and use stereo image sensors to capture and calculate disparity between images.
- The D415 camera features a rolling shutter stereo camera pair, standard infrared (IR) projector and a full HD RGB camera that is ideal for stationary and slow-moving applications.
- The D435 camera, by contrast, features a global shutter stereo camera pair, wide IR projector and a full HD RGB camera, which is more suitable for applications such as virtual reality (VR) or robotics.
- Both cameras deliver low light performance with less than 1 lux minimum sensitivity and use a USB 3.0 connection with power over USB.
- Both cameras offer a depth stream output resolution of up to 1280 × 720 px with a frame rate of 30 fps.
- For higher volume embedded applications, Intel offers the Vision Processor D4 and Depth Module D400 Series, also available from Mouser Electronics.
- The compact Vision Processor D4 computes high-resolution 3D depth maps in real time without requiring a dedicated GPU or host processor when paired with RealSense Depth Modules.
- The D400 Depth Module Series can capture indoor or outdoor environments with long-range capabilities, high-depth resolution and IR stereo, and are offered with multiple options, including standard or wide field of view, rolling or global shutter technology and passive or active IR depth sensing.
The Intel RealSense Depth Camera D400 product family is supported by a cross-platform (Windows, Linux, macOS) and open-source software development kit (SDK), which features libraries, wrappers, computer vision sample code and tools to help designers start coding projects and debugging camera settings.
Additionally, designers can quickly download the Intel RealSense viewer for use with either the D435 or D415 Depth Camera to quickly evaluate the D400 product family.