Mouser Electronics announces stocking of the TPS61253A 4A boost converter from Texas Instruments (TI). The TPS61253A delivers a variety of features that enable the device to drive a multitude of portable power management applications, such as smartphones and USB charging ports, requiring fewer external components than other solutions.
Now at Mouser, the TI TPS61253A 4A boost converter features:
- An input voltage range from 2.3 V to 5.5 V with a fixed output voltage of 5.0 V and supports applications powered by Li-Ion batteries with a load current up to 1500 mA.
- Integrated with a 35-milliohm low-side FET and 60-milliohm high-side FET, the TPS61253A operates at a quasi-constant 3.8-MHz frequency in pulse width modulation (PWM) mode, and manages power load currents ranging from moderate to heavy. During PWM operation, the converter uses a quasi-constant, on-time, valley current-mode-control topology to achieve excellent line and load regulation.
- For flexibility in power load conditions, the TPS61253A device offers designers three selectable modes: Auto PFM, Forced PWM, and Ultrasonic.
- The Auto PFM mode enables high efficiency at a light load, whereas the forced PWM operation can make the switching frequency constant across the whole load range.
- To avoid acoustic noise, the ultrasonic mode keeps the switching frequency always higher than 25 kHz at any load condition.
Other features of the device include a built-in 600-μs soft start time, a thermal shutdown and a hiccup mode that enables automatic recovery after output shortages.