Mouser Electronics announces the launch of its new Timing Technology site leveraging engineer’s easy-to-access information on the latest technical advances in timers, counters, and clocks.
Deriving the company’s growing selection of Applications & Technologies sites, the Timing Technology site is aimed to provide a wealth of resource material which includes articles and videos on timing and clock system design as well as the newest frequency synthesizers, multiplexers, clock generators, and related components available at Mouser.
The new Timing Technology site, available on Mouser.com is said to contain helpful information for engineers who are interested in expanding their knowledge about timing technologies.
The Technology section is segmented into five categories:
- Overview provides a general explanation of timing technology and its applications.
- Oscillators looks at the construction and purpose of oscillators and provides links to different types of clock, programmable, and crystal oscillators.
- Clock Generators dives deeper into timing solutions that can reduce cost (including lower system component costs), enable smaller PCBs, and lower design-labor costs with a faster time-to-market.
- Application Specific details environments where engineers might incorporate a specialized timing solution instead of a general-purpose clock.
- Clock System Design discusses additional requirements and considerations when developing a system with multiple reference frequencies, including reducing skew and jitter.
Alongside, the Featured Products section focuses on key products available from Mouser that engineers can incorporate into efficient timing designs. Products include
- Texas Instruments LMX2592 wideband frequency synthesizer,
- Silicon Labs Si5380 12-output JESD204B clock generator,
- IDT 8V19N40x FemtoClock NG jitter attenuators and clock synthesizers.
Additionally, the Articles section provides information on MEMS oscillators; a look at oscillators, clocks, buffers, and redrivers; and an introduction to building clock trees.
Lastly, the Technical Resources section lists videos, application notes, and white papers that discuss device selection and system considerations when designing clock and timing systems.