Mouser Electronics announces a global distribution agreement with VIA Technologies – a major integrated embedded platform and system solutions provider for machine-to-machine (M2M), Internet of Things (IoT), and smart city applications.
The Semiconductor Distributor heavyweight, will now exclusively ship a vast array of VIA product line comprising;
- A series of powerful, highly integrated boards and modules that enable the rapid development of embedded system designs based on industry-standard PicoITX and ETX form factors.
- The VIA EPIA-P910, known to integrate the advanced performance of a 2GHz VIA Eden X4 processor with a media system processor (MSP), and a rich set of inputs and outputs (I/O) and connectivity features, including two USB 3.0 ports, one Gigabit Ethernet port, one Mini HDMI port, and one VGA port.
- The VIA EPIA-M910 is available with a 1.2GHz VIA QuadCore E-Series (with fan) processor, 1.6GHz VIA Nano X2 E-Series processor, or a fanless 1.0GHz VIA Eden X2 processor. The board also includes an MSP, onboard HDMI and VGA ports, two 18/24-bit LVDS connectors, dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, and support for up to eight USB 2.0 ports and eight COM ports.
- The VIA ETX-8X90 which is touted to be a highly-integrated embedded multimedia module with native ISA/PCI support for legacy expansion cards and applications. Powered by a 1.2GHz VIA Nano X2 E-Series dual-core processor and VIA VX900 MSP, the board offers exceptional processing and multimedia performance and provides an easy upgrade path for existing ETX devices.
- The VIA VAB-600, VAB-820, and VAB-1000 Pico-ITX boards combine rich I/O connectivity with low power consumption to offer a choice of ultra-reliable, cost-efficient ARM platforms. The VAB-600 features an 800MHz processor, the VAB-820 a 1.0GHz quad core NXP system on chip (SoC), and the VAB-1000 a 1.0GHz dual core VIA Elite E1000 SoC.
Citing on the new development, Andy Kerr, Vice President, Supplier Management for Mouser Electronics said, “VIA’s highly integrated solutions provide the flexible and reliable platforms that design engineers need to quickly create robust prototypes and speed time-to-market for embedded and enterprise IoT devices. Through this partnership, Mouser can bring VIA’s innovative platforms to an even broader range of customers worldwide.”
“We are excited about this agreement with Mouser Electronics, a company well-known for its worldwide distribution and support system,” said Richard Brown, Vice-President of International Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. “By partnering with Mouser, we can capitalize on their expertise in delivering the newest technologies to engineers to expand our customer base around the world.”