Mouser now offers Vishay OLED Display featuring higher brightness and contrast with one-tenth the power consumption of a backlit LCD
Mouser Electronics announces to now stock organic light emitting diode (OLED) display modules from Vishay Intertechnology. Designed with higher brightness and contrast with one-tenth the power consumption of a backlit LCD, Vishay’s OLED display modules offer an ultra-thin profile and 160-degree viewing angle while delivering a faster response time over standard LCD displays.
Exclusive at Mouser, Vishay’s OLED display modules offers:
- Three ultra-thin technology options for engineers’ design requirements: chip-on-board (COB), chip-on-glass (COG), and tape automated bond (TAB).
- The COB OLED display modules are board-mounted controllers, whereas the COG modules feature display controllers etched into the glass rather than on a PCB.
- The TAB OLED display module integrates a controller IC into a tape printed circuit board. This alternative offers the designer additional design flexibility over the COB and COG options.
- Both the COB and COG designs support graphic and character formats. Character display modules consist of arrays of pixel grids and are mostly used for displaying text or small icons.
- By contrast, the graphic OLED display modules consist of only a single large grid of pixels. Though the graphic format can also display text, it is better suited for displaying images.
- Vishay’s OLED display modules require no backlight, are readable in sunlight, and offer up to 200 cd/m2 of brightness and a high 2000:1 minimum contrast ratio.
- The modules offer lifetimes of up to 100,000 hours in yellow and green emitting options and up to 50,000 hours in red, blue, and white emitting options.
- The modules are mechanically compatible with standard LCD modules with identical driving methods, allowing engineers to easily upgrade display designs.
Key Applications include
Additionally, the low-power 3V and 5V displays offer engineers greater design flexibility for a variety of small- and medium-sized applications, including wearable devices, automotive displays, point-of-sale systems, portable test equipment, audio/video display systems, and medical devices.