Mouser Electronics is releasing the BMI270 smart inertial measurement unit (IMU) from Bosch. The ultra-low-power IMU offers strongly improved accelerometer offset and sensitivity performance based on Bosch’s MEMS process technology.
Specifically designed for wearables, hearable, and augmented reality and virtual reality (AR/VR) applications, the BMI270 includes intuitive gesture, context, and activity recognition with an integrated plug-and-play step counter.
Exclusive at Mouser, the Essential Features of the BMI270 include:
- 0mm x 2.5mm x 0.8mm3 dimensions
- 685µA typical current consumption (10µA – accelerometer only)
- Improved step counter/detector
- Self-calibrating gyroscope using motionless CRT (Component Re-Trimming) functionality:
- Ensuring post-soldering sensitivity errors down to ±0.4%.
- Significant power reduction:
- Intelligent power management unit enables always-on features to run inside the ultra-low power domain of the IMU
- Integrated state-of-the-art MEMS sensors
- Available in two application-specific versions:
- “Gesture” version allows to navigate the device using wrist gestures such as flick in/out, push arm up/down, and wrist jiggle
- “Context and Activity” version has advanced features for recognizing context-activity and activity change, for example standing, walking, or being in a vehicle.
- Backward compatible (pin-to-pin) with the BMI160, BMI260, BMI261, and BMI263
The BMI270 device extends system battery life by handling multiple activity tracking, step counting, and gesture recognition functions independently of the main system processor, without having to wake it up. These processor-independent functions include tasks such as sending an interrupt when a certain number of steps is reached or geofencing to activate GPS when the user stands and begins walking. Through the device’s intelligent power management system, powerful and accurate gesture and activity recognition feature run in the ultra-low-power domain, with a current consumption of just 30 μA.
Further information: Click Here.