Mouser Electronics announces the stocking of the industry’s first state-of-the-art power management and RF technology single-chip wearable solutions from Dialog Semiconductors.
Engineered for advanced Internet of Things (IoT) designs, the new SmartBond DA14680 and DA14681 Wearable-on-Chips are a part of the highly-integrated SmartBond system-on-chip (SoC) family of power-efficient Bluetooth low-energy solutions.
Exclusively shelved at Mouser; The new Dialog SmartBond DA14680 and DA14681 Wearable-on-Chips are small, ultra-low power SoCs delivering:
- More than double the battery life of competitive application-enabled smartphone accessories, wearable devices or computer peripherals.
- The new products consume around 1 mA for typical Bluetooth 4.1 and 4.2 events, and feature flexible processing power, flash memory options, and an advanced power management unit (PMU) that supports rechargeable batteries and can power a complete wearable system.
- The DA14680 includes 8 Mbits of on-chip flash memory, and offers unlimited execution space and over-the-air updates. By contrast, the DA14681 performs memory execution up to 32 MBytes using its external QSPI flash interface.
- Both devices are based on an ultra-low power 30uA/MHz ARM Cortex-M0 application processor that can be programmed to a maximum clock frequency of 96 MHz.
- To ensure personal data security, both devices deliver end-to-end banking-level encryption through a dedicated hardware crypto engine with elliptic curve cryptology (ECC).
The DA14680 and DA14681 devices enable designers to create a fully-hosted wearables sensor hub that eliminates several external components, facilitates a smaller form factor, and substantially lowers system cost and power consumption. Additionally, the devices are backed by Dialog’s powerful SmartSnippets development boards and kits and Dialog’s royalty-free SmartSnippets Studio software development environment.
Target applications for both devices include consumer appliances, home and industrial automation, fitness bands, medical monitors, and smart home products.