Moxa has recently launched MC-1220 Series rugged edge computers feature high-performance Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 processor and multiple expansion interfaces.
The expansion interfaces can incorporate hardware accelerators, such as VPUs, and support Intel® OpenVINO™ toolkit for AIoT application development. Designed based on Moxa’s extensive expertise in building rugged computing platforms, the computers can operate in a wide operating temperature range and are C1D2/ATEX Zone 2 certified for deployments in outdoor and hazardous environments. In addition, the ultra-compact fanless computers are one of the world’s smallest industrial computers that come with Intel® Core™ i7 processors, making it easy to fit them in small cabinets at field sites.
In remote applications, wireless connectivity is required for continuous communications with the control center. MC-1220 Series computers support multiple Wi-Fi/cellular connectivity options, eliminating the need for an additional wireless gateway, thereby saving cost and space. Furthermore, the computing platform features TPM 2.0 technology for enhanced hardware security.
With a combination of high-performance, rugged design, compact size, wireless connectivity, and enhanced security, the MC-1220 Series is ideal for mission-critical, heavy-duty edge computing applications that can fuel the AIoT era.
MC-1220 Series Highlights
- Fanless design with metal housing and certified for C1D2, ATEX, and IECEx Zone 2
- Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3 or Intel® Celeron® high-performance processor
- Supports up to 32 GB RAM
- Built-in TPM 2.0 module to provide hardware-based security
- Supported OS: Windows 10 IoT 2019, Linux Debian 9
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet, 2 serial, and 3 USB 3.0 ports
- 2 mPCIe wireless expansion slots for Wi-Fi and LTE with 4 SIM slots
- 1 HDMI output (4K resolution)
- Compact form factor of 134 x 60.4 x 120 mm (5.28 x 2.38 x 4.72 in) and DIN-rail mountable
- -40 to 70°C (-40 to 158°F) wide operating temperature range