Flex announced a commitment to reach net zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 2040, doubling down on climate action efforts.
In 2021, Flex announced a new long-term sustainability strategy, framework and a comprehensive, ambitious set of targets, aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and UN Global Compact’s ten principles.
Through its sustainability strategy, Flex is focused on reducing its environmental impact, investing in local communities, advancing a safe, inclusive, and respectful workplace, driving responsible, ethical business practices and accelerating a more sustainable value chain in partnership with customers and suppliers.
Prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards: Core Option, Flex’s 2022 sustainability report marks the first year of the company driving initiatives in alignment with its refreshed strategy and goals through 2030.
2021 sustainability accomplishments
• 14 percent decrease in absolute scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions from 2019 baseline year
• 97 percent of major sites partnered with an NGO
• 17 percent reduction in safety incident rate year over year
• 100 percent of employees had access to emotional and mental health programs
• 22 percent female representation at the director level and above globally, and 31 percent racial and ethnic diverse representation at the director level and above in the U.S.
• 29 percent of preferred suppliers and 48 percent of specified customers set greenhouse gas emissions reduction and science-based targets, respectively.
In 2021, Flex received accolades and awards for sustainability and ESG leadership, including placement on the “A List” for water security strategy and performance from CDP for the second consecutive year and inclusion in the S&P Global Sustainability Yearbook for the third year in a row. Additionally, the company received a Platinum