In strive to foray into the IoT segment, ALPS has announced its development of low-power UGMZ2AA Bluetooth SMART Communication Module with Built-in Antenna for easy connection of IoT devices to the Internet.
Devices powered by batteries or button cells, in particular, increasingly employ communication modules conforming to low-power communication standard Bluetooth SMART. Parts inside devices must also be compact and power-efficient as products become ever smaller and more sophisticated.
Addressing these issues, the company reports to have developed and started mass production of the UGMZ2AA Bluetooth SMART Communication Module. The module has a built-in antenna and is among the smallest and has one of the lowest power consumption levels in the industry.
- Compact dimensions: 4.7 × 4.7 × 2.0mm
- Built-in antenna helps reduce the workload during equipment development and design
- Low power consumption at 5.1mA (sleep: 0.6µA)
- Technical Conformity (Giteki) Mark, FCC and CE certification
- Series: UGMZ2AA
- Bluetooth version: Bluetooth Smart Ver. 4.1
- Dimensions (W×D×H) : 4.7 × 4.7 × 2.0mm
- Power consumption: Rx: 5.1mA Sleep: 0.6µA
- Crystal : Built-in: 16MHzl sub: 32.768kHz
- Interface: UART, SPI, I2C
IoT devices, wearable computers, pen type devices, healthcare devices, energy management system (xEMS) devices
The UGMZ2AA has been incorporated into Alps’ Sensor Network Module IoT development kit, a multi-functional sensor module for acquisition and transmission of motion and environmental data integrating six-axis (Geomag+Accel), pressure, temperature and humidity, and UV and ambient light sensors with this Bluetooth Smart communication module in a single package.
Mass production is already underway.