Vishay Intertechnology announces a new surface-mount Power Metal Strip current sense resistor that combines a high power rating up to 6 W, TCR down to ± 70 ppm/°C, and extremely low resistance values down to 0.0003 Ω in the 2512 case size.
Providing a power density of 192 W/in^2, the Vishay Dale WSLF2512 allows:
- Designers to save board space in high-power circuits by utilizing the smallest resistor possible.
- The device’s low TCR provides stable and accurate current measurement across a wide temperature range, while its low resistance values minimize power losses and improve end product efficiency.
- The WSLF2512’s advanced construction incorporates a solid metal nickel-chrome, manganese-copper, or manganese-copper-tin alloy resistive element with low TCR (< 20 ppm/°C). This results in a higher-power resistor in a smaller size that maintains the superior electrical characteristics of the Power Metal Strip construction.
- A proprietary processing technique produces resistance values ranging from 0.0003 Ω to 0.003 Ω, with tolerances of ± 1.0 % and ± 5.0 %.
- The device provides low thermal EMF (< 3 μV/°C), very low inductance (< 2 nH), and a temperature range from -65 °C to +170 °C.
The new rollouts are ideal for all types of current sensing, voltage division, and pulse applications in power management for automotive electronic controls such as engine, transmission, anti-lock brakes, audio, and climate controls; inverter controls for down-hole test and measurement equipment and HVAC systems; and VRMs for servers.
The device is RoHS-compliant, halogen-free, and Vishay Green.
Samples and production quantities of the WSLF2512 are available now, with a lead time of six to eight weeks for larger orders.