Relec Electronics has recently stocked Mornsun’s expanded range of 3rd generation (R3 Series) 1W to 2W DC-DC Converters, which cover 5V, 12V, 15V and 24V fixed dc inputs.
Modules are available in industry-standard 3V3, 5V, 9V, 12V, 15V & 24V single outputs, as well as ±3V3, ±5V, ±9V, ±12V, ±15V & ±24V bipolar outputs.
The R3 Series makes use of Mornsun’s proprietary internal circuit design which has resulted in improved efficiency, full short circuit protection, large capacitive startup, low standby power consumption and significantly lower cost.
All of this coupled with Mornsun best in class delivery times of 3 – 6 weeks.
Features of the R3 Series DC-DC Converters include:
- Continuous output short circuit protection
- No-load input current as low as 8mA ||Operating temperature range from -40°C to +105°C
- Efficiency up to 85% at full load and 78% at light load
- CE, CB & UL Certification
- Isolation to 1500Vdc (A/B series) & 3000Vdc (E/F series)
- DIP/SIP & SMD footprints available
- Suitable for RS232/485/CAN bus applications
- Ideal for isolated sensors
The R3 Series converters offer 3 key advantages over other technologies.
- 40% reduction in internal components leads to significantly reduced costs and improved reliability.
- Traditional push-pull circuits are highly dependent on the characteristics of individual components. Mornsun’s new IC technology has solved this problem leading to more repeatable output performance.
- There has always been a trade-off between the ability to power capacitive loads and effective short circuit protection. Mornsun’s R3 Series allows capacitive loads up to 2400uF to be driven whilst still providing full short circuit protection.