STMicroelectronics new HVLED007 AC/DC LED driver enables energy-saving solid-state luminaires to comply with increasingly stringent lighting regulations.
The new ST HVLED007 AC/DC LED driver sports a novel distortion-cancelling input-current shaping (ICS) circuit.
Key Features of The New ST HVLED007 AC/DC LED Driver:
- The HVLED007 is a current-mode PFC controller optimized for use with isolated, high-power-factor, quasi-resonant flyback converters.
- The ICS ensures an effectively sinusoidal input waveform with very low total harmonic distortion (THD) over the full load and input-voltage range.
- THD is below 5% at full load.
- Near-unity power-factor capability and maximum energy efficiency over 90%
- HVLED007 meets designers’ needs for a single control IC to address multiple medium- and high-power LED-lighting applications up to 80W.
- The HVLED007 completes ST’s HVLED family of digital ICs for driving LEDs directly from the rectified mains. With their advanced integration and features that support economical primary-side regulation, HVLED drivers enable lower bill-of-materials costs and compact circuit size while enhancing system reliability and lighting performance.
The electrical parameters of the HVLED007 are specified down to -40°C, allowing use in outdoor lighting including street lighting as well as indoor applications. The totem-pole output stage can source and sink 600mA and 800mA respectively, enabling use in EN61000-3-2 compliant switched-mode power supplies up to 100W in addition to lighting applications. Protection features including short-circuit, overload, and over-voltage protection are built-in.
Availability, Pricing and Packaging
The HVLED007 is in production now in the industry-standard SO8 small-outline package, from $0.36 for orders of 1000 pieces.
Further Info: www.st.com/hvled