Indium Corporation’s newest jetting solder paste, PicoShot NC-5M, has got the official approval from Mycronic as a qualified jetting solder paste.
PicoShot NC-5M and its associated purging gel are designed for customers needing a halogen-free no-clean SAC305 solder paste for their Mycronic jetting systems or add-on and repair modules.
Developed jointly with Mycronic, PicoShot NC-5M is a no-clean, halogen-free paste designed to meet the specifications of Mycronic’s MY600/MY700 jetting systems.
PicoShot can be used in standalone applications such as system-in-package (SiP), jetting into cavities, stencil-replacement, shield attach, and microBGA. It also complements the stencil printing of Indium8.9HF. Designed as a no-clean paste, PicoShot can be cleaned easily with industry-standard cleaning solutions.
PicoShot NC-5M’s formulation meets or exceeds:
- ANSI/IPC J-STD-004B ROL0 requirements
- Halogen-free requirements per IPC and IEC61249-2-21 standards
- IPC standards for SIR and ECM
Additionally, PicoShot® NC-5M:
- Provides exceptional jetting performance for a halogen-free Pb-free solder paste
- Reflows in air or nitrogen (ppm O2 level from 50-1,000)
- Has a clear residue with minimal flow-out
- Significantly reduces head-in-pillow (HIP)
- Eliminates or significantly reduces graping
- Minimizes reflow spatter
Indium Corporation also offers a PicoShot NC-5M conditioner (purging gel) designed to allow the rapid purging, cleaning, and long-term storage of jetting, dispense, and micro dispensing systems without the use of liquid solvents.
PicoShot Conditioner C-1is a chemically benign, bright blue-colored, translucent, viscous gel that aids in visual endpoint detection and prevents inconsistent dispense volumes and clogging caused by solder paste dry-out.