element14 and NXP jointly launches NXP new Freedom Development Platform for Kinetis KW2x MCUs. The joint solution allows designers to easily add Zigbee, or 802.15.4 connectivity to electronics designs, the kit also contains two boards, enabling point-to-point out of the box connectivity.
It has a diverse reference design with all the necessary I/O connections for use as a self-contained board or for connection to an external application. FRDM-KW24D512 is a development platform based on the MKW24D512 Kinetis W Series microcontroller and is enabled by software support for Thread, ZigBee Pro, 802.15.4 MAC, SMAC and Kinetis Software Development Kit (SDK).
Kinetis MKW24D512 MCU is a low-power, compact integrated device consisting of a high-performance 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.15.4 compliant radio transceiver and a powerful ARM Cortex-M4 core system with connectivity and precision mixed-signal analog peripherals.
FRDM-KW24D512 evaluation boards are designed to work either in standalone mode or as part of the Freedom development platforms for quick application prototyping.
- Supports MKW24D512 Kinetis microcontroller (up to 50 MHz Cortex-M4 MCU, 512 KB Flash)
- Full IEEE 802.15.4 compliant wireless node
- Software support : Thread, ZigBee Pro, 802.15.4 MAC and SMAC, Kinetis Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Reference design area with small footprint, low-cost RF node:
- Integrated PCB inverted F-type antenna and SMA RF port
For all the latest info on element14’s variety of solutions www.element14.com/designcenter
The NXP Freedom Development Platform FRDM-KW24D512 is available from element14 in Asia Pacific.