Mouser Electronics is now stocking two new zigbee connected home reference designs from Silicon Labs. The zigbee smart outlet reference design and zigbee occupancy sensor reference design help developers of home automation devices accelerate time to market and reduce system cost and complexity with best-in-class zigbee mesh networking technology.
By leveraging these turnkey reference designs, developers can quickly advance from design concept to final product with pre-certified wireless technology, open-source hardware design files, and industry-standard software stacks while also taking advantage of proven test setups and manufacturing methods.
Exclusive at Mouser Electronics, the Silicon Labs zigbee connected home reference designs features:
- Pre-certified FCC and UL and include all of the hardware, firmware and software tools required to create feature-rich, future-proofed connected home products based on Silicon Labs’ robust zigbee “Golden Unit” Home Automation (HA 1.2) software stack and Mighty Gecko wireless system-on-chip (SoC) portfolio.
- Both designs also incorporate Silicon Labs’ Si1141 ambient light and Si7021 temperature/relative humidity sensors for detecting changes in environment.
- The smart outlet reference design is a complete, pre-certified solution for a wirelessly controlled outlet plug that can be used to power and control a wide range of home and building automation products.
- Powered by an AC main-voltage line, the smart outlet communicates wirelessly to zigbee mesh networks and includes built-in diagnostics and metering with a user-friendly web interface for wireless control and current/voltage monitoring.
- The occupancy sensor reference design features a wirelessly connected passive infrared sensor in addition to the ambient light sensor and temperature/relative humidity sensors.
- Occupancy sensors are key components for residential and commercial security systems, as well as other home/building automation systems that use occupancy detection to automate tasks such as turning lights off and on.
- The occupancy sensor’s small, battery-powered design (the size of two AAA batteries) is so energy efficient it can operate for up to five years before battery replacement.
- The sensor’s detection range extends up to 12 meters with a 90-degree viewing window.
Since both reference designs use Silicon Labs’ multiprotocol Wireless Gecko technology, developers can future-proof their home automation designs to support zigbee today and IP-based Thread networks tomorrow. The Thread-ready reference designs easily accommodate over-the-air zigbee updates as well as future-proofing upgrades to Silicon Labs’ Thread stack. The reference designs require Silicon Labs’ zigbee gateway or an HA 1.2-compliant gateway. System configuration, debugging, low-energy optimization and software application modifications are supported by Silicon Labs’ Simplicity Studio development tools.