element14 has introduced new website functionality to enhance user experience as more customers make use of online channels and services.
The enhancements provide element14 customers with increased flexibility and ease of use when identifying and buying components for new product design, production and testing.
Ian Baxter, Global Head of eCommerce, Farnell and element14 says: “The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on the purchasing patterns of our customers. With more professionals now working from home, we are experiencing an increase in demand for products, components and solutions outside of normal operating hours. We have invested in the functionality of our website to ensure our customers continue to receive a high-quality service at every stage of their design to production journey, regardless of where they are based. These new website enhancements provide customers with increased flexibility and ease of use when designing and ordering products with element14.”
The proportion of online orders in some European markets has increased to more than 48 percent within the last 12 months. element14’s latest website enhancements enable customers to speed up project design and the product procurement process.
The new enhancements to element14’s website include:
- Access up to 5 years of Order History means that customers can quickly access their order history, making it easier for them to reorder previously used parts from past projects. Filtering through this list is even easier with additional options to search via manufacturer part numbers, order codes, customer part number, manufacturer, product details as well as delivery addresses and dates.
- Enhanced Technical Documents provide vital product data and technical information to help customers research and purchase products online. element14 has added more than 25 new search categories for technical documents, including application notes, whitepapers, user and service manuals, certificates and datasheets, which can be downloaded directly from element14’s product pages.
- Highlighting popular products provide professionals working from home with increased confidence when choosing components and products.
- Product Page Attribute selector makes it simpler for customers to navigate across products within a range. All attributes and values are now available and editable directly on the product page – so switching between a series has never been easier.
- Faster Website has been a key focus for Farnell to make it one of the fastest in the industry. Changes over the last 12 months have resulted in taking over 1 second off page load time with lots more to come.