Quantum announces the expansion of its StorNext environment with the latest introduction of StorNext Connect 1.1. The enhanced version is an easy-to-use management tool that simplifies the installation, discovery, administration and monitoring of StorNext environments.
New StorNext Connect 1.1 features include:
- The intuitive graphical dashboard instantly describes the current state of the entire StorNext environment, including information on all resources — storage, CPU, memory and network interconnects.
- Simultaneous display of multiple performance metrics over the same period of time to help users pinpoint and troubleshoot performance bottlenecks.
- A self-guided interface for installation and configuration of Xcellis workflow
- A step-by-step configurator for NAS setup and management.
- Support for monitoring and management of Quantum’s Lattus object storage, including real-time status and historical reporting.
On this occasion, Geoff Stedman, Senior Vice President, StorNext Solutions, Quantum said, “As we continue to expand the functionality of workflow storage environments powered by StorNext, the need for more powerful unified management and monitoring tools also has grown. This new version of StorNext Connect provides the kind of centralized control and monitoring that enables users to quickly get the information they need to optimize their StorNext environment — and thereby optimize their workflow.”
StorNext Connect users can have a unified view of the entire multi-tier, end-to-end workflow storage environment, including disk, tape, object storage and cloud resources.
With this new upgrade, users can now monitor their storage resources to determine how much of their data is on disk, in a tape library, in the cloud or offline in a vault.
StorNext Connect comprehensively backs the new Xcellis Workflow Directors, Xcellis Q-Series Storage and Lattus object storage.
StorNext Connect 1.1 is exclusively obtainable and is included in all new StorNext-powered systems free of charge.