Available in 0402, 0603, and 0805 Case Sizes, New Vishay Automotive Grade Devices Deliver Industry’s Highest Power Dissipation to 0.4 W
Vishay Intertechnology unveils a new series of Automotive Grade thin film chip resistors that touts to feature industry’s highest rated power dissipation in the compact 0402, 0603, and 0805 case sizes.
For electronics in automotive, industrial, and renewable energy applications, Vishay Beyschlag MC HP series devices combine high operating temperatures to +175 °C with low load life drift ≤ 0.2 % after 1,000 hours of operation at rated dissipation.
- Over two times the dissipation of standard thin film chip resistors in their respective case sizes while also exceeding the ratings of components in the next largest case sizes.
- To save space, reduce component counts, and lower costs, the MC HP series allows designers to use compact resistors in place of larger devices, or to replace multiple standard resistors of the same case size.
- The AEC-Q200 qualified devices feature a resistance range from 1 Ω to 100 kΩ, TCR down to ± 25 ppm/K, and tolerances down to ± 0.1 %.
- The MC HP series offers superior temperature cycling robustness and advanced sulfur resistance as verified according to ASTM B 809.
- Suitable for processing on automatic SMD assembly systems, the lead (Pb)-free devices are RoHS-compliant.
The MCS 0402 HP, MCT 0603 HP, and MCU 0805 HP are the perfect choice for most fields of modern electronics in which power dissipation, reliability, stability, and robust design are major concerns. Typical applications will include DC/DC converters; power supply, motor, and electronic control units; inverters; and test and measurement equipment.
Device Specification Table:
|Part number||MCS 0402 HP||MCT 0603 HP||MCU 0805 HP|
|Resistance range (Ω)||47 to 100 k||1 to 100 k||1 to 100 k|
|Resistance tolerance (%)||± 0.1; ± 0.5 ± 1|
|TCR (ppm/K)||± 25; ± 50|
|Rated dissipation P85 (W)||0.200||0.250||0.400|
|Operating voltage (V)||50||75||150|
|Operating temp. range (°C)||-55 to +175|
Samples and production quantities of the new thin film chip resistors are available now, with lead times of six to eight weeks for large orders.
Further info: www.vishay.com