New Yorker Electronics announces its expansion of line of high-power resistors with the distribution of the Vishay Dale Thin Film PCAN Series of resistors.
Built on aluminum nitride substrates, Vishay Dale Thin Film PCAN Series High Power Aluminum Nitride SMD Resistors is touted to offer power ratings to 6W and resistance from 2Ω to 30kΩ in 1206 and 2512 case sizes.
The PCAN series of chip resistors is designed on aluminum nitride ceramic substrates with enlarged backside terminations to reduce the thermal resistance between the topside resistor layer and the solder joint on the end users circuit assembly. Features of the thin film resistors include a resistance range up to 175Ω, tolerance to ±0.1% and TCR down to ±25ppm/C.
Actual power-handling capability is limited by the end-user mounting process. As with any high-power chip resistor, the ability to remove the heat is critical to the overall performance of the device.
- Offers 2x the power rating over traditional thin-film chip resistors in the same case sizes
- High thermal conductivity aluminum nitride substrate
- Designed with enlarged backside terminations to reduce the thermal resistance
- Available with lead (PB)-free or lead terminations
- RoHS compliant
- Power rating up to 6.0W
- Resistance range 30Ω to 175Ω
- Voltage rating: 200V
- Resistor tolerance to ±0.1%
- TCR to ± 25 ppm/°C
- Flame resistant UL 94 V-0
- Operating temperature range -55°C to +150°C
- Medical Imaging
- Transportation/Braking Systems
- Power Supplies
- Power Switching