New Yorker Electronics has introduced Vishay’s industry-first 4-Quadrant Silicon PIN Photodiode in a standard surface-mount package, qualified for automotive applications.
Combining high photosensitivity with low 0.1% electrical segment to segment crosstalk and virtually no tolerance between its segments, the Vishay Semiconductors K857PE enables a variety of sensor and control applications for the automotive, consumer and industrial markets.
This new device combines four monolithic diodes integrated into a single 4.72mm x 4.72mm x 0.8mm top-view, surface-mount package. The defined gap between the K857PE’s four radiant sensitive areas allows for reliable measurement during laser positioning. The opaque package sides eliminate stray light irradiating the photodiodes, resulting in an excellent signal to noise ratio while the linear photo-response enables small signal detection.
Another important feature is that the current from each of the device’s PIN photodiodes can be processed individually. This results in a low 0.1 % electrical crosstalk and virtually no tolerance between segments.
The Vishay K857PE retains an active area of 1.6 mm2 per quadrant and provides a floor life rating of 168h, by J-STD-020. It has a wide sensitivity range from 69 nm to 1050nm, an 8.5µA reverse light current and a ± 60° angle of half sensitivity. The device is AEC-Q101 qualified, RoHS-compliant, halogen-free and Vishay Green.
Features & Benefits:
- Four monolithic diodes integrated into a single 4.72mm x 4.72mm x 0.8mm top-view, surface-mount package
- Active area of 1.6mm2 per quadrant
- AEC-Q101 qualified
- Low electrical crosstalk
- Virtually no tolerance between segments
- Wide sensitivity range from 690nm to 1050nm
- 5µA reverse light current
- Daylight blocking filter
- ±60° angle of half sensitivity
- RoHS-compliant, halogen-free, and Vishay Green
- Floor life of 168 h by J-STD-020
- Small signal detection for automotive rain / light sensors
- Industrial automation systems
- Laser beam alignment
- Virtual reality