New Yorker Electronics announces to stock the new Exxelia Dearborn 880P Series of metalized Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) Film Capacitors.
With an operating temperature range of -55°C to +150°C, the new rollout is touted to experience no derating for DC operations and none in AC operations up to +125°C enabling it to function at full capacity in extreme heat applications.
Its high temperature operating ability is sought to eliminate the need for a cooling system within the design, thus reducing overall design time, weight and space.
Key Features include:
- PPS is a high-temperature, low-loss dielectric film used in the 880P Series of wrap-and-fill capacitors featuring superior electrical characteristics over an extremely wide temperature range and maintain excellent capacitance stability in one rugged, lightweight package.
- It performs consistently well in commercial applications such as in power supplies and in more demanding applications, such as in avionics, on a congested control or instrumentation panel.
- The series features a capacitance range of 0.0047µF to 10.0µF and voltage ratings from 50 to 400VDC with precision tolerances as low as ±¼% through ±10% yielding greater accuracy of capacitance.
- Made in the USA, the units are highly durable and capable of withstanding a five-pound pull force on lead axis.
- They are non-polar and demonstrate low loss factor, good voltage breakdown strength and high insulation resistance (low leak current) — and are completely stable over normal temperatures, voltages and frequency ranges. These characteristics allow the 880P Series capacitors to deliver high performance in a variety of applications such as DC timing circuits, low- to high-frequency AC applications, and pulse or energy discharge uses.
- Additionally, the package has axial leads with moisture-resistant, flame-retardant epoxy end seals and an outer tape covering for maximum performance.
- Energy Storage
- Power Supplies (TRU / LRU)
- Energy Power Filtration
- Avionics Control Panel
- Radar Equipment
- Timing, Feedback Circuits, Filtering
New Yorker Electronics can supply the units on tape-and-reel for use with automatic insertion equipment; custom designs and non-standard values are available. Being a franchise distributor of Exxelia Dearborn, New Yorker Electronics carries full line of Film, Mica, Tantalum, Aluminum Electrolytics and Ceramic Capacitors as well as its EMI/RFI Filters, Magnetics, Position Sensors, Slip Rings and Rotary Joints.