Snapdeal’s vision is to build India into comprehensive vicinity for the digital commerce ecosystem. The company has undertaken many initiatives to inculcate Digital Inclusion and leverage larger community with the power of internet. Joining hands with the Digital India Week, Snapdeal has launched the campaign –#SDforDigitalIndia demonstrating the company’s recent initiatives and their impact.
- India’s first special e-commerce zonewas launched in Dharamshala in June 2015. Snapdeal launched multi-dimensional digital initiatives aimed at invigorating the local economy by creating e-commerce entrepreneurs, outsourcing to local BPOs, Snapdeal Technology Lab and promoting traditional state handicrafts.
- In May 2015, Snapdeal introduced in – kind donation on its marketplace through ‘Snapdeal Care’ – an India first initiative. The company partnered with leading NGOs for this initiative
- Partnered with National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT), Department of Electronics and IT (DeitY), Ministry of Communications and IT in April 2015, to roll out digital marketing courses for small and medium sellers and artisans across India and enable them to take advantage of e-commerce opportunities.
- Collaboration for Financial inclusion- Snapdeal is an active partner for USAID coalition to drive financial inclusion/digital payments in the country
- Partnered with FINO Paytech, Snapdeal introduced Assisted E-Commerce for residents in rural and semi urban areas
- Snapdeal has also partnered with various government bodies, industry bodies and social enterprises like RAJSICO, NEHHDC, NEISBUD, Tamil Nadu Govt, TRIFED, Dharavi Market etc. to digitally enable the artisans/ SMEs to provide a national market for the local art/ handicrafts.To know further Click Here