Mouser Electronics is now offering the i.MX RT crossover processors from NXP Semiconductors.
Mouser Electronics is now offering the i.MX RT crossover processors from NXP Semiconductors. The new devices combine the high performance of a processor with the real-time functionality and ease-of-use of a microcontroller.
Exclusive at Mouser Electronics, the NXP i.MX RT crossover processors offer:
- Based on an Arm Cortex-M7 core that operates at 600 MHz, more than 50 percent faster than other Cortex-M7 products.
- The processors tout a robust feature set that includes advanced multimedia capabilities, high-speed extensive external memory interfaces, and a healthy assortment of both wired and wireless connectivity options.
- The iMX RT series processors operate on half the run mode power of other Cortex-M7 products, enabling longer battery life.
- In addition to speed and integrated processing power, the iMX RT series also supports greater design flexibility for engineers through an extensive array of external memory interfaces (include NAND, eMMC, QuadSPI NOR Flash, and Parallel NOR Flash) and connectivity options as well as security features to protect applications from outside threats.
- The iMX RT series supports wired Ethernet and USB, plus Wi-Fi, classic Bluetooth and Bluetooth low energy, ZigBee and Thread.
- To keep applications secure, the processors provide 128-bit AES cryptography and true random number generation, high assurance booting, and on-the-fly QSPI flash decryption.
- The high-speed interfaces, combined with the on-the-fly decryption capabilities, enable designers to have secure external data storage without the need for embedded flash.
Microcontroller designers can maintain their current tool chain (such as MCUXpresso, IAR, and Keil) without worrying about the time, cost or complexity of adding Linux software development to their design cycle. The devices also enable rapid prototyping and development with NXP’s FreeRTOS, SDK, Arm mbed and the global Arm ecosystem, which provide software libraries and online tools and support.
Engineers can further accelerate development with the NXP MIMXRT1050-EVK evaluation kit, which features an Arduino interface, 6-axis accelerometer and magnetometer, SD card interface, and parallel LCD and camera connectors.
Key Applications Include
The highly integrated i.MX RT series supports a wide range of applications, including industrial and home automation, Internet of Things (IoT) gateways, robotics, motor control, and audio subsystems.
Further info: https://www.mouser.com/nxp-imx-rt/