Polycom continues to lead the industry with advances in voice, video and content collaboration solutions, enabling organizations to extend this level of seamless collaboration across every team and department, so everyone can work together face-to-face—no matter where they are located. Just on the eve of New Year, BISinfotech’s Sub-Editor, Jyoti Gazmer had a candid chat with Minhaj Zia, VP Sales for Polycom in South East Asia, India & SAARC, clearing the ‘Cloud’ from the content collaboration industry and paving the way forward for 2019. Edited Nub.
- New form of businesses and younger workforce demand dynamic, intuitive, high-quality interactive and collaboration solutions. How is Polycom revving-up with these new demands?
As new generations enter the workforce, expectations around being able to connect instantly, from any device or workspace are rising. There is an increasing demand on organizations to provide collaboration tools at the workplace to enable innovation and allow for greater flexibility.
Polycom continues to lead the industry with advances in voice, video and content collaboration solutions, enabling organizations to extend this level of seamless collaboration across every team and department, so everyone can work together face-to-face—no matter where they are located. Our vision is to empower workers with true location liberation and fulfill their “anywhere working” requirements. Some of our offerings which enable this include-
- Polycom Pano – content sharing & wireless presentation system – this is the easiest way to share content at work, enabling anyone in a business meeting to share up to four streams of simultaneous content side-by-side, from any device, without the hassle of juggling cables. It comes with rich annotation and interactive whiteboarding features and is designed to make every meeting productive, creative and successful.
- Polycom Trio is a “smartphone” for the modern conference room. It is already used by many Fortune 100 companies to lead the digital transformations in their meeting rooms, driving productivity and meaningful meetings for their teams. The Polycom Trio family integrates natively with Microsoft Teams, as well as Zoom and BlueJeans among others. In addition, Polycom Trio also has the recently announced capability for customers to use its innovative user interface as a remote control for their EagleEye IV USB camera. Customers can pinch and zoom using the Polycom Trio UI just like using a smartphone.
- RealPresence Clariti – collaboration infrastructure software that allows co-workers to connect in team environments on virtual boardrooms while seeing each other and sharing ideas visually, no matter what device or technology they are using.
- What are your current market strategies for India and which markets are of your major focus?
Polycom is a part of Plantronics. As pioneers in audio and video technology, we at Plantronics and Polycom understand the power of human connection. We are bringing together our portfolio of high-quality, proven products and services to connect people to what matters most—whether it’s their colleagues, customers, playlists or favorite games – wherever, whenever and however they happen.
Our major focus is on expanding our footprint in the government sector to enable digitization of the country as there is a huge opportunity for companies like Polycom to provide collaboration technologies that deliver mission-critical government services, improving equity of access for all citizens of the country.
We also see other verticals like healthcare and IT/ITeS looking to our technology to help them bridge location divides and bring their services to more people.
- Where does the future take us in collaborative communication and how is Polycom looking into or rather help to connect the future in this market?
Imagine a world where you walk into a conference room, touch your badge to the table, and the system could automatically dial you into the prescheduled call. Or where sensors and AI combine to take roll at a board meeting, producing a real-time transcription and translation of the discussion, this is thefuture of communication.
Our focus will be to develop collaborative solutions that are easy to use, intuitive and are simple to operate. We want to help customers connect with each other and communicate in a way that makes it as real and in-person as possible.
- How is the overall business of Polycom in India?
India is a priority market for Polycom. We are focused on helping government and private sector customers accelerate their digital transformation journey with our high-quality video, voice, and content sharing solutions.
Polycom India has enjoyed positive growth in the past year. During this time frame, we have won many prestigious projects in the government and private sectors. With respect to critical vertical markets, we witnessed strong traction in the government and education sectors.
- Lastly, how are you aligning with Government’s major Digital India and Make in India initiative?
The Indian government is recognizing that access to technology decreases inequality and drives productivity, through programs like ‘Digital India’ and government agencies across the country are using Polycom solutions to bridge the urban-rural divide in the country. Therefore, Polycom is very much aligned with the government’s digital initiatives.
We are also seeing that as networks and infrastructure are improving in the country, there is also an increase in demand for collaboration solutions like HD video, audio and content sharing. This is a great opportunity for us to provide our solutions.
Many courts and justice systems in the country are also using our collaboration solutions to increase efficiency and productivity. In addition, both public and private sector players in the education sector are digitizing their classrooms in the country; they are using video conferencing technology to ensure that they develop their students as global citizens by giving them access to remotely connect with the best trainers across the globe to seek their guidance.