Power Integrations has unveiled the new SCALE-iFlex gate-driver system for IGBT, hybrid, and silicon-carbide (SiC) MOSFET power modules with blocking voltages from 1.7 kV to 4.5 kV. The system contains a central Isolated Master Control (IMC) and one to four Module-Adapted Gate Drivers (MAGs). The IMC provides a 4.5 kV blocking voltage. A range of MAGs is available to service a variety of power modules, suppliers and semiconductor switch technologies across 1700 V, 3300 V and 4500 V voltage classes.
The Key Features of the Gate Driver include:
- Ready-to-use gate driver solution optimized for power modules from 1200 V to 3300 V blocking voltage
- Supports IGBT, Hybrid (Si-IGBT/SiC-Diode) and Full-SiC MOSFET power modules
- Dual-channel gate driver optimized for paralleling up to 4 power modules
- Electrical primary-side interface with reinforced isolation
- Wide input supply voltage range +15 V to + 48 V
- – 40 °C to + 85 °C operating ambient temperature
- Undervoltage lockout (UVLO) protection for primary-side (low-voltage side) and secondary-side (high-voltage side)
- Short-circuit protection with Advanced Soft Shut Down (ASSD)
- NTC temperature sensing with reinforced isolation of digital output signal (PWM-coded)
- DC-link voltage measurement with reinforced isolation of digital output signal (PWM-coded)
- Double-sided conformal coating
- 100% production partial-discharge testing
- 100% production Hipot isolation testing
- Reinforced isolation in accordance with EN 50124-1 and IEC 61800-5-1
The system provides the ultimate in reliability for demanding applications such as wind turbine inverters, industrial drives and the main propulsion and auxiliary inverters for railway applications, said the company.
The SCALE-iFlex IMC and MAG gate driver system are available in August 2019. A typical use-case set comprising one IMC, four MAGs and associated cables is priced at $693 in 100 piece quantities.
Further technical information: Click Here