Renesas Electronics Corporation has launched the RAA215300 PMIC (Power Management IC) optimized to complement Renesas’ RZ/V2L and RZ/G2L microprocessors (MPUs) designed for AI-enabled applications.
The new high-performance PMIC offers a wide range of features, including nine channels, a built-in charger and a real-time clock.
“Customers of our RZ/V2L and RZ/G2L MPUs will enjoy the performance advantages and ease-of-design of the RAA215300,” said Andrew Cowell, Vice President, Mobility, Infrastructure and IoT Power Business Division at Renesas. “In addition, its high integration and rich feature set make it an excellent choice for consumer, industrial and SoM applications.”
The high integration of the new device reduces design complexity, speeding time-to-market for customers.
The RAA215300 includes six buck regulators, three LDOs and a coin cell/supercap charger. It supports DDR4, DDR4L, DDR3 and DDR3L memory with dedicated VREF, VTT and VPP rails.
The new PMIC enables four-layer printed-circuit boards, which reduce costs. The high level of integration also increases system reliability due to fewer system components needed on the board.
The RAA215300 pairs with the RZ/G2L, RZ/V2L and several other Renesas offerings in a Winning Combination for a Scalable SMARC (Smart Mobility ARChitecture) SoM System-on-Module with AI design.
In addition to the Renesas MPU and PMIC, this Winning Combination includes power controllers, a USB PD controller, and a clock device from Renesas. Renesas offers over 250 of these Winning Combinations that consist of complementary analog, power, timing devices and embedded processing, and provide an easy-to-use architecture.
They simplify the design process and significantly reduce design risk for customers in a wide variety of applications.
Key Features of the RAA215300
- Optimized for Renesas RZ/V2L and RZ/G2L, LC, UL MPUs
- Nine high-performance power channels
- Built-in power sequencer and support for external DC/DC regulator on/off controls
- Supports multiple DDR memories
- Built-in real-time clock and coin cell battery / super cap charger
- Supports -40°C to 105°C ambient temperature for industrial applications
- Supports single-cell Li-Ion battery applications
- Improves system power efficiency with VTT buck regulator instead of LDO
- Supports multiple processors and SoCs
- Spread Spectrum to reduce EMI for RF applications
- Ultrasonic Mode to eliminate audible noise coupling into microphones or speakers
- Built-in watch dog timer for secure system power up before any software is running
- Fully configurable with built-in EEPROM