As essential components for autonomous driving, radar sensors help keep road users safe. Both OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers need reliable test solutions, suitable for mass production, for the large number of safety-related radar-based driver assistance systems.
Rohde & Schwarz announces the recent development of a new R&S AREG100A automotive radar echo generator in close cooperation with the automotive industry.
Rohde & Schwarz developed the new R&S AREG100A automotive radar echo generator specifically for final test and inspection on OEM and Tier 1 production lines.
Key Nuggets of the New Rohde & Schwarz Automotive Radar Echo Generator
- The R&S AREG100A is a customized solution for use at the end of the production line. It fulfills all requirements for reliable operation and is easy to operate.
- The R&S AREG100A automotive radar echo generator tests radar sensors in the 24 GHz ISM band and in the E band at 77 GHz or 79 GHz.
- It simulates echoes of up to four artificial target objects at fixed distances.
- User-configurable Doppler offsets can optionally be applied to simulate radial movement of the objects. Customers can specify desired fixed distances at the time of order.
- The R&S AREG100A for testing radar sensors is a future-proof solution for testing advanced long-range and short-range radars.
- It supports bandwidths up to 4 GHz in the E band and can simulate objects at a minimum distance of 4 m if the distance between the frontend and the DUT is 80 cm.
- With this approach, Rohde & Schwarz offers its customers an extraordinary degree of test flexibility, from simple to complex.
- For easy, convenient and cost-optimized execution of the tests specified in the RED standard ETSI EN 303396, the R&S AREG100A provides calibrated input and output ports in the IF band.
- The immunity of the sensors to interference signals can be checked with a connected RF signal generator.
Due to the dramatic rise in the number of vehicles equipped with radar-based safety-related driver assistance systems, the European regulatory authorities have stipulated mandatory tests in the Radio Equipment Directive (RED) to ensure safe operation and coexistence of automotive radar sensors, particularly with respect to autonomous driving.
The occupied bandwidth and spurious emissions can be measured easily and conveniently with a connected signal and spectrum analyzer. And the total radiated power (equivalent isotropic radiated power, EIRP) can be determined very precisely using a connected power meter.
All that is needed is an RF signal generator up to 6 GHz, a signal and spectrum analyzer, and a power meter with 8 GHz bandwidth, since the millimeterwave hardware of the frontend can be used with all of these instruments. No additional millimeterwave T&M equipment is needed to carry out the tests.
For high reproducibility of the described test solutions, Rohde & Schwarz offers an anechoic test chamber featuring exceptional compactness without compromising shielding attenuation.
As the major provider of automotive test solutions, Rohde & Schwarz offers the R&S AREG100A for continuous quality control at the end of the production line. This enables OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers to ensure the unrestricted functionality of radar sensors for installation in vehicles, even before they are driven.
The R&S AREG100A can be ordered now from Rohde & Schwarz. Purchasers of a new R&S AREG100A benefit from a three-year warranty.
Further Info About the New Automotive Radar Sensors Tester: Click here