With the new R&S NGM200, Rohde & Schwarz extends their range of specialized power supplies.
Being part of the same power supply family, both, the R&S NGL200 and the new R&S NGM200 series, offer the same superb performance and specifications to supply extremely stable outputs with a minimum of residual ripple and noise.
The models of the R&S NGM200 series offer new features which make them ideal for developing battery-powered equipment operating at up to 20 V and drawing currents up to 6 A.
Key Nuggets Include
- Devices that switch from a few µA in sleep mode to several A in active mode benefit from the exceptionally fast load recovery time of less than 30 µs.
- The two-quadrant architecture provides both source and sink functions, to simulate the charging and discharging of batteries as well as to operate as an electronic load.
- The large capacitive touch screen and simple operating concept set new standards for power supplies.
- R&S NGM200 series, Rohde & Schwarz introduces four new features; the FastLog function that captures spikes even in the µs range.
- Additional measurement ranges that increase the read-back accuracy in the lower ranges.
- The battery simulation option that supports the modelling of batteries to simulate real-life conditions.
- Plus the built-in digital voltmeter that measures voltage values at any point in circuits of the device under test.
To Better Analyze Device Performance:
- Users can capture variations in voltage or current values as short as a few µs thanks to the high-speed data logging function FastLog.
- The R&S NGM200 power supplies log measurement values for voltage and current at an acquisition rate of up to 500 ksample per second.
- A two-channel R&S NGM202 can even run data acquisition on both channels in parallel.
- For maximum read-back resolution and accuracy, the R&S NGM200 power supplies feature four current and two voltage measurement ranges, resulting in a read-back resolution of 10 nA / 5 µV in the smallest range.
For any battery-driven equipment, simulating changes in battery output performance provides realistic power conditions at different stages of the battery life. With the integrated battery model editor, users can create their own battery models by defining battery characteristics such as the state of charge, open-circuit voltage and equivalent series resistance. Pre-defined data sets for the common battery types Lead, Lithium-Ion, Nickel-Cadmium, or Nickel-Metal hydride are included.
Option R&S NGM-K104 activates an additional port, to connect the internal voltmeter in the R&S NGM200 to any point in a circuit, so users can measure the potential difference.
Availability And Pricing
The new R&S NGM201 and R&S NGM202 power supplies are available now from Rohde & Schwarz and selected distributors. Prices start at EUR 3,300 for the single-channel R&S NGM201.
Further Info: Click here