RS Components (RS) announces availability of the first ever industrial panel meter to use E-Ink display technology.
Now at RS Components, the Panel Pilot SGD 21-B from Lascar Electronics is a low-cost and ultra-low-power single-channel voltmeter with a sleek monochrome E-Ink display.
E-Ink displays are typically used in a range of electronic consumer devices – most notably in a leading e-book reader product – but are now starting to see use in industrial applications. These types of displays have two major advantages over alternative technologies: firstly, they are readable even in extreme sunlight; and secondly, they offer very low power consumption.
Exclusive at RS Components, the PanelPilot SGD 21-B from Lascar Electronics offers
- The PanelPilot SGD 21-B comes with a 2.1-inch dot-matrix display with a 250 x 122-pixel resolution. The product takes advantage of the company’s innovative PanelPilot B Windows-based platform, which allows users to configure and customise a range of Lascar compatible displays with the click of a mouse.
- The use of pre-loaded display layout templates, which are configurable for further customisation, enables users to get up and running very quickly, without writing any code.
- For the new PanelPilot SGD 21-B, the software platform enables users to choose from a selection of analogue and digital voltmeter apps, and then customise labels, scaling and alarms for their own specific application.
- The device allows the setting of two alarm levels with a dedicated alarm output and a configurable digital I/O pin.
- A splashscreen can be added to display on power-up. Once the app is complete, it can be uploaded to the SGD 21-B display using a USB cable.
Specs and Applications include:
Key to the product is its 4 to 9V DC power supply and its very low power consumption, which means it can be used in mobile applications that are powered by batteries. Additional specifications include: dimensions of 73.8 x 37.5 x 10.8mm; and an operating temperature range of 0 to +40°C.
The Panel Pilot SGD 21-B from Lascar Electronics is available now from RS in the EMEA and Asia Pacific regions.