RS Components recently unveiled the first digital multimeter (DMM) in its RS PRO product range to feature a built-in thermal imager.
The RS-9889 thermal imaging multimeter allows engineers to identify thermal overload issues in electrical equipment from a safe distance, without the need for any physical contact.
The recent offering from RS Components is an all-in-one handheld device to combine durability and reliability with excellent value for money. It is suitable for a wide variety of applications, ranging from smart manufacturing in the industrial automation sector to general electrical tasks such as testing sockets and lighting during business safety audits and home renovations.
The device combines features of digital multimeter — measuring circuit parameters such as voltages, currents, and resistances — with an infrared thermal imaging camera to allow hot and cool points in electrical components to be identified on a viewable thermogram.
The Key Features of the Thermal Imager includes:
- The thermal imager of the RS-9889 offers max, min and centre crosshair targeting to help the user identify and measure required temperature ranges easily
- A Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connection allows thermal images to be shared quickly to other devices via the Thermview+ app
- The 8-inch color TFT LCD screen with an infrared resolution of 80 x 80 pixels
- A 21° x 21° field of view
- Thermal sensitivity (NETD or noise equivalent temperature difference) to less than 0.1°C/100mK
- a fast 50 Hz thermal image frame rate
- an object temperature range from 20° to 260°C
- a spectral range of 8–14 μm
- Accuracy to within ±2°C, or ±2% of the reading
The versatile RS-9889 include also functions as a diode, resistance and continuity tester, equipped with a buzzer, and can measure temperatures all the way up to 1000°C using a K-type thermocouple probe. AC and AC+DC voltage and current are true RMS.
A lightweight portable device allowing users to work on the go, the RS-9889 measures just 80 x 58 x 195mm and weighs 540g. It is shipping now from RS in the EMEA and the Asia Pacific regions.
Further information: Click Here